Well, summer, you took a little too long to get here, but man-oh-man am I excited you’re here. I’ll have you know I prepared quite the list of things we’ll be doing together… to begin with:
That’s right. Wear a bright orange gown and just dance around on the precarious wing of my personal jet. (This can come true in my summer dreams, s’all good.)
1. Dedicate an entire day to listening to/downloading music, making sure that my summer playlist is just top notch quality.
2. Go swimming in vintage apparel, perhaps with some red lipstick on, ya never know.
3. Somehow become as glamorous as Grace Kelly in her darling white bikini. Somehow.
4. Document my summer with disposable cameras – otherwise I can promise you I will never develop them. And maybe, while I’m at it, finish up some photo albums that are just screaming for attention.
5. Play a friendly match of volleyball/badminton with some friends and the fam, which I vow will not turn into what it usually does… an overly competitive death match.
6. Prepare some home made ice cream.
7. TUBING. My passion in life.
8. Visit the beach one day a week. After waiting all year long for it, I can’t just go up and pass this beautiful spot for later.
9. Learn the guitar…? Yes. Yes, I will! Learn the guitar.
9. Purchase this piece of property. Honestly, this house was made for the summer. Just saunter out of bed and jump into the pool right outside your window!
10. Be waken up by the sun, and not my cruel alarm clock which lets out a tireless, shrill ringing bell. Side note, don’t you love all of those lovely patterned blankets and sheets and pillows all toppled over one another? So tempting right about now.
12. Slip away into a whole other time zone with my best friend and her yacht. (Say yacht and you can’t help but say it like this… or maybe that’s just me. In which case I need help.)
13. Attempt to go fishing again. But not the boring type, the super-jam-packed-intense dock fishing type! You know, where you lower down a hanger wire with some crushed oyster dangling off the edge… I hope you weren’t eating, my apologies.
14. Escape to… wherever this beauty of a place is.
15. Act like a tool and skateboard down a street. It’s inevitable all of the skateboarders will come out to play during the summer time, so I won’t be too out of place.
16. Drift away in an ocean on a calm day like this. Look at this picture, and all stress will simply evaporate away.
Well, folks, I’m glad to be back. This last month just took everything out of me, and there just wasn’t any time for cyberspace. But now I have hours and hours of time and my summer is juuust beginning. Perfect. I’m in a really euphoric mood right about now, this is so strange.
ps. I remember looking at this last year. Who adds in “have a wet t-shirt relay race” seriously? Just when you think you understand the world, that gets slipped into a summer to do list for teens. Woow world wow!!